THIS MONTH’S RECIPE comes from the chefs at Benjarong Restaurant, Dusit Thani Hotel Bangkok, where spa treatments are based on an ancient Thai story.
150 grams of chicken breast
500 cups of coconut milk
500 milliliters of chicken stock
100 grams of galangal, peeled and sliced
10 kaffir lime leaves
40 grams of coriander root
6 kaffir lime leaves, tear into small pieces
100 grams Shimeji mushrooms, cut in half
100 grams Thai shallot
10 grams Bird Eye chili
1 tablespoon of palm sugar
2 tablespoons of lime juice
1 teaspoon of fish sauce
5 grams butter
2 coriander leaves
Preparing Chicken Breast
- Clean the chicken breast and take out off the skin.
- Put the chicken breast in vacuum bag add some butter and sous vide at 68 C for one a half hour, then slice.
Making the Tom Kha Soup
- Add coconut milk and chicken stock into the pot. Using a medium heat until boiling.
- Add galangal, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves into the pot about five minutes until the herb aroma is released.Season with fish sauce, palm sugar, lime juice and bird eye chili.
- Place the cooked Shimeji mushrooms and Thai shallot into the bowl then the sliced sous vide chicken breast and coriander leaves.
- Add Shimeji mushrooms and Thai shallot and keep boiling until cooked.
- Pour the boiling soup into the chicken bowl and serve with steamed rice.